Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My blogs runneth over!

Lately, there are so many things that I just need to blog about! It has been a bit overwhelming to say the least! I'm so excited about it though! I guess it will "out" my geekiness but I get a bit of a rush out of the clack of my keyboard as I excitedly gush out a post or pour over a new essay idea! I've been excited lately to have new things to spill out in any form I can manage and medicine or no medicine I'm going to fight to get them out!

I was nosying around over at Mel's and I saw her post! I got this giddy rush of excitement and I went to grab a blanket out of the basket that sits by my glider rocker in my living room. There is such a story here.

Over the summer we had a very large number of babies due in our circle at church and at work. Our Sunday School class (A class of about 10 couples) had 5 babies alone! Well that meant lots of baby showers! It got expensive and with me being out of school and back from my Belarus trip I was a bit bored. We had been crocheting hats for our trip for months and months so I needed to do something. Why not make more blankets? I set to work and everyone got lovely original blankets for their babies. Well almost everyone. I got to a point where I made this one blanket and I just stopped. I wasn't sad. I wasn't angry. Infact, I went out and bought a nice gift and went to the shower and life went on. I just could not give that blanket to anyone. I had it wrapped up and ready to go, but I could not part with it. I loved it. I decided it wasn't meant to be and I tucked it away in the basket until it was clear who it was to go to.

I'm not sure if you have ever crocheted or something of the sort before but when you pour your love into the projects each one becomes its own. No one thing is ever the same and usually I give a gift to someone based on who I feel it belongs to. Blankets like that get passed down and stay in families most times. It is important I think to at least be aware of those little gut feelings you get if any. So anyway, sorry for the rant...This blanket sat and sat. Until today!

After reading that post I got the overwhelming urge to send my blanket and I am so excited that it will hopefully soon have a home! It is one of my favorites and I can't wait to know that it will be cuddling a small one soon! I am working on more blankets for the cause and I hope you go on over to donate your items to the cause as well!

This is an awesome thing and I can't wait to see what amazing things we all do! I am always in awe of the love and support I find from this circle of ladies and friends that infertility has led me into. I know how painful this journey has been but in the end despite the pain I can still say I have been blessed!

1 comment:

Twisted Ovaries said...

Your blanket is absolutely beautiful. I will post it on ebay today.

//Helen