Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Head of Troubles

If it isn't one thing it's another.

The past couple of weeks have been rough. Hubby has lost his job and I'm beyond frustrated. There hasn't been much of an effort made and we are scraping the barrel right now. I think the stress is getting out of control. Mom is adamant that I should leave and his folks are the opposite. I'm just stuck in the middle right now being stretched in all directions and truly I just want to find a dark quiet place alone and just "be" for a while.

I'm certain that I have been under the spell of winter driven depression. Today for the first time I noticed the sun was up when I woke up and I was so happy today. Then I got home and it got dark... It will end soon though. That is what I keep telling myself. It won't last forever. I just have to keep on going for a little while.

I had af visit on time this month so I seem to be getting things settled there. I had a doctor's appt two weeks ago and my sugar/thyroid/blood pressure/cholesterol/etc look great. My calcium is low but I'm trying to work on that. One thing that has come up though are these massive headaches.

Usually I get a migraine or two right after I ovulate and up until af visits. Since I o'd this time I have had one constant headache. They would escalate at times to a point where I felt almost like I couldn't breathe. They have eased up a bit since af left. I still have a headache daily but they are no where near migraine status. Doc was concerned about the frequency of the severe ones so he sent me to a neurologist. I will see him on Wednesday. I know he will tell me they are stress/hormone based. I know there isn't much he can do. I'm still going though b/c I need something to help me manage them.

Anyway, sorry for the gloomy post. Spring is coming and things will get better.

No comments: