Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Too Cute Tuesdays

I'm going to try something new. Every Tuesday I am going to post some funny story, saying, picture, etc from my kiddos at school or work. Hopefully it will bring a laugh and brighten a few days.

Too Cute Tuesday - Take 1

I help manage lunch duty for the third and fourth graders. I love having a chance to just hang out and kid around with them. Most teachers hate this time of day. They stand up at the front and chat with the other staff and try to shoo the kids away with frustrated sighs. I usually mingle around and enjoy my time with the kids.

The other day I walked by two of the fourth graders. The boy's mother is a good friend of mine. He was making a terrible face and holding his nose. I asked him what in the world was going on. The girl beside him was hysterical with laughter. Her mom used to work with us too. She told me that he hated carrots just as the little boy popped one in his mouth followed by a horrific face. I laughed and asked him why he was eating them if he hated them so much.

He stopped chewing and looked me straight in the eye and got very serious. "Mrs. Arian it's my eyes. I really need to work on my eyes."

I laughed and encouraged him to keep choking them down. I told him they were indeed good for not only his eyes, but his whole body.

I happen to take my lunch break with his mom and I told her about the antics of the two kids and we laughed at the silliness of it all.

The next morning she came to me and told me the whole story behind the carrot eating incident. He asked for carrots at dinner that night and she asked him what on earth made him want to eat carrots all of a sudden. "Boy" carefully explained to her that carrots are very good for your eyes. They can make your eyes very strong. With his serious face on he continued, "I have to eat as many carrots as I can if I want to get night vision, Mom!"

5 comments:

Kristin said...

OMG...I love it!

Rebecca said...

Ha ha, that's great!

alicia said...

hahaha that is soo cute!! good way to get your kids to eat carrots! haha

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That's so adorable! I love kiddos!

Eden Riley said...

Arian. I was catching up on Mels blog roundup, saw my blog listed, and wandered through comments to find it was you who had mentioned me.

Your comment made me cry, suddenly and quickly. I thought, wow, do I really amaze Arian by laughing in the face of pain?

Thank you so very much, for your kind words there and on my blog. I'm so f*cking scatterbrained lately that I'm drowning in everything - in a good way, but all I can do is pump class and that's it. I have added you to my blogroll, which updates regularly.

Did you make that docs appt on Tuesday, mate? I'm so sorry you are so tired and frustrated. So sorry that it is just taking so long for you to have children. Women like you .... who clearly love, adore and cherish kids, and would do anything to be pregnant. It's not fair that it's so hard. Be gentle on yourself, others are walking next to you. And in front. And behind.

But all together.

XOXOXOXOXOOXOX