Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pajama Party

Here it is again. Today is that icky day that makes me want to curl up in bed and feign an illness. I think I handled myself very well this year. My sister and I staged a kidnap.ping for my mother. Since my sister moved away to college, Mom has been stuck in the house with my brother and dad. Poor thing is about to go out of her mind! We figured we would bring her to my house, lock the door, turn off the phone, and enjoy a girls' night.

It was a miracle I think, but we managed to keep it a secret and pull off our plan. When she got here we presented her with a new pair of pj's and told her to go change. We had a basket of lovely goodies to pamper her hands and feet. My sis gave her a mani and pedi ( I had to sit that one out thanks to my shingles ). Sis also cooked up all of our goodies. We had mini wienies, rote.lle dip with chips, wings, and chocolate chip cookies. We also picked up three girly movies and settled in for a relaxing night sans the men. It was fantastic! Mom is even going to church sockless tomorrow to show off her fancy red toes. I can't remember her ever having painted toenails.

The whole pj party idea, made it easier to celebrate. I felt like I was able to treat myself as well. It was the first year in a long time that I have been able to truly enjoy honoring Mother's Day.

I believe that we should all celebrate this day. We may not hold our children in our arms, but we do hold them in our hearts. Take time to honor yourself today.


This is a pic of Mom's goodie basket and her newly painted piggies.

Go check out what the rest of the class is showing today!

Show and Tell

10 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

That's a great idea! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I hope you're feeling better. I had shingles a few years back and it SUCKED! Be kind to yourself and enjoy tomorrow.
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea and great gift to your mom!

Kristin said...

What an incredible way to celebrate.

And, I completely agree with the sentiment that "I believe that we should all celebrate this day. We may not hold our children in our arms, but we do hold them in our hearts. Take time to honor yourself today."

MrsSpock said...

What a great idea!

Wishing 4 One said...

I love that idea. If i were closer (in distance) to my mom I would so do that! Happy Mothers Day to all us, even those of us not holding out kids...yet.

alicia said...

sounds like an awesome time! glad you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice that you were able to enjoy the day.

Liv said...

What a fantastic thing to do for your mom on mother's day. I can only hope for daughters as thoughtful and fun as the two of you!

I hope you shingles heal as quickly as possible!

Sunny said...

What a great idea, she's a lucky mom! :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea ! Happy you all had a good night.

"I believe that we should all celebrate this day. We may not hold our children in our arms, but we do hold them in our hearts. Take time to honor yourself today."

Your so right!

xX