Thursday, September 17, 2009


I think I am going to make a scrapbook of all the procedures, medicines, and fun little labels I have acquired over the years. I'll include my hospital bracelets, injection boxes, a clomid label, the paper backing from my most relied on pads. It could be quite entertaining! If only they made a scrapbook that would hold all that crap lol!

I had the "procedure" done this morning. All's well I suppose. The real medicines that the hospital gave me haven't worn completely off yet, so I feel ok. I'm real sleepy and weak, but I've had enough surgeries to know that's normal and I should enjoy it while I can!

I've always worried a little about the hospital we would be using if we chose my doctor. That's one thing that beginners should think about when they are looking for someone. Always be aware of what hospital you will be going to as well, in case you do end up pregnant or if you need to have something done.

This hospital staff was wonderful though! The million phone calls this week were worth it. The anesthesiologist was already prepared to deal with the severe nausea I get from all the drugs they give. He had the nurse give me this little patch and some meds in my iv that have been amazing! I have had a lot of surgeries and I have always been violently sick afterwards. This time (of course I haven't eaten yet) there hasn't been the slightest amount of nausea, which is amazing!

The little lady was torn all to pieces because she couldn't get my iv in. I just laughed at her. I once had a hospital staff take over an hour and a half to get an iv in me, so two tries with just her and the doctor working on it was not bad at all. She even numbed the whole thing first which I've never had done! Gotta love the wonderful advances in medicine!

The doc did the procedure and I was out of there in less than an hour. He told hubby that I had a lot of excess tissue in there. He had told me I could go back to work tomorrow, but told hubby today that he didn't want me to since there had been so much. Thankfully there were no polyps or septums to worry about though, and he said that this could actually help us have a baby (wow!). I just wanted the bleeding to stop, but to add a lining of hope into the mix is something you will never hear me complain about!

Anyhow, just wanted to let everyone know things were good. If you have any questions about it please ask them in the comments and I will post a more detailed recount tomorrow with any questions answered. I did do something to my lip. I think I bit it. I tend to clench my teeth a lot unconsciously and I think my lower lip got in the way when I was inebriated in the recovery room. I now have this huge swollen spot that I know is going to be sore tomorrow. Oh well. They gave me good drugs to take, so I will be just fine.

I'm going to go try to eat now. We'll see how this goes. Hopefully, everything will stay down where it is supposed to. The nausea patch can stay on for three days so I should be okay....

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm so glad it went smoothly and they treated you so well.