Monday, November 3, 2008


I started Round 3 today. I just pray that today is no indication of what is in store!

I had a difficult time sleeping last night and ended up with only four or five hours before getting up to go to work, with kindergarteners, on a Monday! I knew it was bad when I woke up and tears immediately began to stream down my face. I've been so weepy lately. I do not understand it! I'm not a weepy gal, but lately...grrr! I should also add in here that I ran out of Metformin on Thursday and because of the new recept lady and my doc being out of office and our small town pharmacy being closed on Sunday, I could not get my script filled until today.

Once I got to school, my mood was unbearable. I didn't even want to be near me! I teetered between tears and frustrated anger all morning. Can you say mood swings??? I decided it was best to go on home for the day and get my medicine. I was hoping that a restful day at home and my medicine would be all it took.

Once home, hubby and I just spent the day lounging around and relaxing. I still felt a bit off kilter but nothing too bad. Dan stopped by for a little while later in the day and we all talked for a good while. After he left, Hubby decided to take a nap and I pulled out my latest crochet project.

About half an hour later, I heard someone's car alarm. This is not unusual in our complex, but after a couple of minutes, I got up to check and see. I peered out our window and almost had a heart attack. There was a man standing under our window leaning on a vehicle and making the alarm go off over and over. He grinned, waved, and set it off again.

I tried to wake Hubby and called my parents at the same time. I tend to be a bit hypervigilant sometimes so I thought a call to them would be best. Seconds after my mom got on the phone, someone knocked on our door. I totally freaked! Hubby was still in a daze so I called Dan. They live really close and I figured if he drove by and thought things looked odd out there, he and Hubby would take care of it. During this time, the guy set the alarm off a few more times.

Dan and Hubby immediately confronted the guy and Hubby came back up to tell me to call the police. I can not tell you how scared I was. The officer that answered was a jerk. I try to be as nice as I can in those situations but he stopped me at one point and said "Ma'am, you are safe in your home, I don't see what the problem is." The word "rage" can't come near to what I felt in that moment. I took a deep breath and said "Ten years ago, I was stalked and attacked while safe in my home, and you all couldn't get the guy. It should be crystal clear what the problem is!" He immediately cut the sarcasm and sent someone out.

The guy's story was weird and didn't explain what he was doing at our building. He was looking for someone. The police took him to a hotel and told us to be sure and call if he came back, especially if he got in his vehicle. They think he is an illegal, but can't do much until they catch him in the act of driving or something. I don't know.

Needless to say, I will be spending a very sleepless night huddled up in the living room with Hubby and the pups, straining to hear every twig snap outside. I've not been this scared or shaken up in years. Part of me wants to think that this guy just crossed the wrong person, but part of me remembers what happened ten years ago. I want so badly to fall asleep right now and pretend this was all a horrible nightmare but I know sleep will be so hard to find tonight. I can't imagine going to work tomorrow morning. On the other hand, that is how this day started, trying to get a restful day off...


Michelle said...

That is scary! Wow I hope you have a better day today and you were able to get some sleep.

Road Blocks and Roller Coasters said...

UGH. What a terrible start to the week and this cycle. Hoping that things only get better from here! ((HUGS))

alicia said...

ahh so scary! I am glad the police came, hopefully that has scared him off! hopefully your week will get better!

learningtobestillandknow said...

What a jerk of a cop! Their JOB is to make sure you feel safe! So even if it seems ridiculous, if you are calling it's obviously a big deal to you! Grrr...

Hope the mood swings go away-those are no fun at all!