Sunday, June 1, 2008

My first Show and Tell since Kindergarten...

I love reading everyone's show and tells each week. It helps me connect and feel connected. This week I decided that I would post my own show and tell for the first time. I have been struggling this week with my body and af. It has been both a physical and emotional battle and I can't seem to find the tiny speck of light suggesting the end of the tunnel. I hoped that perhaps this would help me remember the hope and the miracles that came with these pictures....


Last year I went to Belarus. It is a beautiful country. It is old and poor, and the people are set and stern until you get to know them. Once a bond has been formed they blossom into beautiful loving people who adore their children and do their best to fight a powerful government to protect their future and hang on to every ounce of hope they can muster.

I went here and I swear I could have taken any one of these children home with me. My heart aches for such a beautiful country and I feel a pang of homesickness when I look at these pictures. I left part of me there with with the children. I have been asked to go to Russia next to help with a deaf school there. Many of the children due to the government's feelings toward children with disabilities are orphans. I'm struggling so hard with this decision but I feel such a hopeful warmth at the idea of returning to this part of the world and getting to once again love someone who has never been loved. Someday I'm gonna be a good mom. I just know....


Anyway, here's my show and tell for the week:










1 comment:

Lauren said...

Here from the Show and Tell...

What beautiful pictures! I traveled to Lima, Peru once to visit friends of the family and I would have gladly brought home any of the many children I saw there who were struggling just to get by. I hope one day to be able to adopt internationally!

Thanks for sharing!