Monday, March 23, 2009

Crawling out of bed post

I've been a bad blogger. It wasn't because I forgot any of you. I would love to tell you that I have been whiling away the hours on white sandy beaches in a tropical paradise with the waves licking my toes. I would feel less guilty if I told you I had been so busy lately that I had fallen asleep standing up to save a few precious moments of productivity. I can't tell you those things truthfully, though. Nope, truth is, I've been asleep. Seriously.

Saturday morning I got up and my chest hurt a little. I knew it was coming. Every single time I have a good cycle I get a cold. This time is no different. Well, it is a little. This is just a simple "Help! The pollen thinks I'm a bee!" sort of allergy type cough complete with a runny nose and itchy eyes. It has managed to kick my butt. Or...something has.

I am tired. I'm not really sleeping much more than normal (other than that 2 hour afternoon nap I discreetly added in), it's just that I feel like I am carrying around an extra 50 pound weight in my pocket. The girls have gone on an "All hands off deck!" strike too. Ow! It doesn't help either that my brain has begun to swim Phelps-like circles around and around in my head. I was completely prepared for all this silliness. I knew that I would have side effects. I wasn't quite expecting my face to catch fire from a 99.1 degree temp for the past three days, but my body loves to throw in a few surprises. Speaking of surprises, I totally love that lurching feeling my stomach takes when food enters the room. Half of it wants to devour every crumb while the other half tries stoically to hold on to my last meal. My body is completely nuts!

That little Sheldon is really doing a number on me this time. I just hope he gets enough giggles to stick around until...say... Christmas?!?!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Oooh...I remember the exhaustion of early pregnancy. Hope and pray that's what you are feeling. {{{Hugs}}}

Photogrl said...

Stick around Sheldon...stick around!

RBandRC said...

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!! :)

Lucy said...

hoping these are early pregnancy symptoms! ICLW

Anonymous said...

Crossing everything for you that this is the signs of pregnancy!

ICLW

alicia said...

ohh i hope this is all a sign he is sticking around!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!